Monday, April 27, 2009

We made it through the Ist year - we only have forever to go !!!

So for Our first Anniversary Chance and I went to the supercross in Salt Lake. On our honeymoon we were in Vegas and got tickets to the Supercross finals so I think this will be a tradition for us- I don't think he will mind :) But I think that is the least that I can do for him after all he does for us!! He is honestly the BEST husband in the world - and if I ever forget that my mom and sisters are reminding me how lucky I am to have him. He puts up with me when I am having one of my days where I am mad at everyone and he knows just what to say when I am hard on myself. He won't let us go to bed angry with each other and he won;t let me walk away from an argument until everything is ok - he honestly just gets me and knows exactly how to handle things to make me feel safe. He is such a great dad!! And not just with our sweet girl but he loves Parker honestly as if he were his own. Sometimes I catch myself watching and listening to him when he is with Parker when he doesn't know that I am. I am very protective of Parker - I feel like he has had a very different life then little Elley will ever know - which is a great thing but I feel the need to protect him all the time. And Chance was the only guy even while we were dating that felt the same way about him that I do. The bond that he has with him is so coolest thing I have ever seen - and I am so grateful that he came into our lives when he did because I don't think me or Parker could have done it alone. It is making me cry to think about - lol but I truly did not know life until I met him!! Corny , right?! I love him so much and all that he does for us!! I love the little things he does for me like hugging and kissing me at 4:30 when he is leaving for wok even though I am so out of it I just grunt at him , and on his days off he moves the baby monitor over to his side of the bed and wakes up with elley and does everything he can to keep the kids quite so that I can get an extra hour of sleep, and the fact that he listens to Parker talk about his real dad and never says a bad word about him even though I know sometimes it has to break his heart!! Ya I know I am pretty lucky huh!!




Here is our guy - we love Chad Reed!!!


Love you Babe!!!!


How lucky am I - look how cute these guys are!!


What a stylin babe!!


My little man!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody was happier but yet more apprehensive when Lynds met chance than I was. I was so excited that she was finally letting a man in her life have a relationship with Parker (she never did that) I was worried because I know first hand how hard blending a family is and I completely underestimated Chance. If I could have hand picked a husband and a dad for Parker, it would be Chance. He and his family are awesome with Parker and than you add Miss Els! Well you have a perfect little family. Elley loves her brother so much and he is so protective of her but loves to also push her buttons. I love you guys and I am so proud of who you have become and the parents you are. Thank you Chance for loving my daughter enough to love my wonderful grandson like he is your own and for giving me my first granddaughter!!!! Robin

Tara said...

What a CUTE family you have! This is Tara from "It's A Girl Thing." I am GLAD you like my blog! Be careful...crafting is SUPER addicting! Tee, hee! Sooooo....to answer your question about my blocks. I don't know what state/town you are in....I am in Utah. I have purchased some of my blocks from a craft store that specializes just in wood. It's called Wood Connection...that's where I got my "LUCK" blocks. THEN - they also take custom order...so for my "SPRING" blocks - I drew up the letters & took those to them and placed a custom order. They just cut the blocks out according to my pattern. If you are not from Utah....I bet if you searched around you could find a wood supplier/company who would cut out custom jobs for you. Let me know if you have any more questions! Good luck!

Sherydon said...

Lyns, i cried reading this post! Im so glad that you have found chance. Its so wonderful to be genuinly happy!! He seems like such a sweetheart!! Congrats on your first year together and good luck with the next 60 years!!!:) Love ya, Sher