Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My goals for the new Year

It is probably silly that I am posting this but I am hoping if I write it down somewhere that I see often then I might actually follow through with some of these things. Feel free to help me and remind me if I stray :)

Ok I will begin with learning how to resolve conflict better instead of assuming the worst and throwing a fit, 9 times out of ten it turns out to be something small and not worth the time I take to worry about it. So bad at this one !!

I want to help make my home more peaceful... I am a very impatient person by default and I hate that the most about myself. So I will try to be more patient and help my children be more patient as well.

I want to take a family trip somewhere (other then Lake Powell) and teach our children something new about the world. It doesn't have to be somewhere fancy, just spend time focusing on what is important.

I need to learn how to be a better cook... I have no want for this- NONE!! I am envious of people who enjoy doing this because I know how important it is. I am hoping that maybe if I learned more about easy meals and healthy eating then I could learn to like it :)

I want to work more on saving money ... I want to build a house so bad, seriously it is all I think about . We are in the bad habit of just buying things we don't really need and not looking for the best deals on the things we buy.. so I am going to work really hard on this one !!! And SAVE,SAVE,SAVE!!!

and I want to TRY and stick to a work out routine... not doing so great at this one right now.

We had a really good year and I am hoping to make 2010 even better!!

2 comments:

The Higley's said...

Those are awesome goals....I think I might steal a few of them!! I want to build a house too but at the moment just getting out of the in-laws house would be a dream come true!! lol I love your family picture you put up its so cute! Parker and Elly are always smiling. They are adorable.

Bonnie and Joel said...

The first goal of yours ...... I am SOO bad at that to!